5.3.2013

Helsinki Lolita Convetion: My Outfits - and Mimi's, too

Hello hello!

In this post I want to show you my - and Mimi's! - outfits from Helsinki Lolita Convention.

In the very beginning of the convention me and Kati held a lecture about the history of fashion, and how to take inspiration from it for lolita outfits. We both wore outfits influenced by a historical era; my era was Rococo, and Kati's was Victorian. I'm happy we could tell a bit about the more rare eras in lolita, such as Reneissaince and Baroque, even though we had too little time and had to skip Belle Epoque and Vintage years completely. :/



Here's an outfit shot of my first outfit. The Marie Antoinette OP is from Baby, the Stars Shine Bright and shoes are from Minna Parikka. My face looks like I ran away from "Interview With the Vampire", but I think that's kinda cool (because I love Anna Rice's books anyway).


The fashion show me and Mimi modeled in ("Ehdotonta eleganssia", or "Absolute Elegance" in English) was right after our lecture, so I had to make a quick chance. Luckily we had so many models, and lovely Mimi helped me too, and all went well. :3

As you can see, me and Mimi twinned. The Unicornia Regalia dresses are hand made by Mimi, and the unicorn horns are from Essin maailma.




That's all for now! I will post one more post about Helsinki Lolita Convention in couple of days time, so stay tuned. (And the third post will be the last post, I promise. ;3)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, that naturally all these pictures are taken by our talented Sanni

8 kommenttia:

  1. Wooow, you two look so perfect (*.*) I love your first outfit, so elegant and sophisticated <3 and the twin outfits are adorable too, the unicorn horns are such a cute idea!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you very much! *-*

      We both love our unicorn horns dearly. x)

      Poista
  2. This seems to be nice, you look beautiful whatever you're wearing <3

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you! It was a very nice day indeed. So do you! <3

      Poista
  3. The white outfit suits you so well, how incredibly elegant. I'm personally too scared of wearing all white!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you! The outfit is not all white, though; the dress is actually pale pink. :)

      Poista
    2. What a surprise! It must be like wearing pink sugar :P

      Poista
    3. Well, the lights were quite bright so the colour looks too pale in the pictures, and the front of the dress is white anyway. It is the same dress I'm wearing on my blog's banner! You can see the colours better from that, I think. :3 And it is like sugar, it's one of my dream dresses, so I always love to wear it. *3*

      Poista