22.7.2012

Wearing Lolita to a Wedding

There are of course many opinions about wearing lolita to a wedding. In this case, I trusted the bride's opinion; she said it was okay for me to wear lolita. And so I did. Naturally I wore something very casual.

The dress is Innocent World's and shoes Minna Parikka, the purse is a gift from my Mother. ♥  (In the church I also wore a white bolero to cover my shoulders.)


I did add a few simple details to my outfit, though; the little white roses in my hair...


...And a rose bracelet (made by yours truly).


And now we are done with the outfit pictures. The wedding was absolutely beautiful - I almost cried. Many times. Here are some detail shots from the wedding.



(The card on the top is made by me also!)

 
 
P.S. I wish I could show you how handsome my bf looked in a Hugo Boss suit. ♥

14 kommenttia:

  1. Täydellinen hääasu, mekko on niin kaunis mutta antaa morsiamen loistaa päivänsankarina. :)

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Kiitos molemmille! ^^ Morsian oli todella uskomattoman kaunis, hänellä oli puku, jossa oli laskostettu helma laahuksineen. *-* Ei ollut pienintäkään pelkoa, että olisin ollut liian näyttävä häneen verrattuna!

      Poista
  2. I'm of the opinion that so long as you don't out-dress the bride you should wear whatever you want to a wedding :)
    You look lovely by the way :)

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you! And no fear of me out-dressing the bride, her dress was absolutely georgeous! *-*

      Poista
  3. Asu oli nappi valinta häihin. Niin sievä ja sopivan elegantti. Seuraavia odotellessa ;)

    VastaaPoista
  4. Tykkään siitä että asusi on sekä lolita että fiftarimainen. :)

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Kiitos! Mekon yläosan mallissa on kieltämättä jotain fiftarimaista. :D

      Poista
  5. I generally find it totally acceptable to wear lolita to a wedding as long as the style is simple and not attention-grabbing. Classic lolita for example is a wonderful option, OTT sweet or shiro... not so. No guest is allowed to hog the spotlight from the bride after all.

    I've also worn lolita to my cousin's wedding, but I kind of "dressed it down" by wearing a jacket over the dress so I'm not sure how much that counts... :D Well, the bride didn't mind and that's what's most important.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. I totally agree with you. As I said above, I did ask for the bride's opinion on the matter and she said that I can wear whatever I want. Should the bride have said that she didn't like the idea, I would have wore something else (I did have plan A turned later into plan B in my closet anyway). :D

      Poista
  6. I personaly think that classic lolita is perfect for a wedding <3 Your look is elegant and casual at the same time, I love it!

    VastaaPoista
  7. TÄmän tapainen asu on ehdottomasti sovelias häihin - se ei pistä silmään kiusallisella tavalla, vaan on tyylikäs, juhlava ja kaunis. ON toki myös tapoja pukeutua juhlatilaisuuksissa lolitaan epäonnistuneesti ja epäkohteliaasti, mutta asussasi ei ole moisesta pienintäkään vaaraa.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Kiitos, olipa kauniisti sanottu! Tunnen olevani onnistunut. XD

      Poista